OTTAWA ENTREPRENEUR SEEKING EXCEPTIONAL PERSONAL ASSISTANT
I’m looking for a unique individual to fulfill a unique set of needs. Odds are, this job is not right for you… hell, it isn’t right for most people. But, if you happen to possess the skills and personality traits I’m looking for, this may very well be your dream job. Seriously.
I’m busy and I need someone who has the skill and motivation to make my life easier. That sentence alone probably turns you off. If it does, move on. This isn’t the right job for you.
I’ve been to over 40 countries and one of the unique things about Canadians, as opposed to people of other nationalities, is that we, in general, hate taking care of other people. There are exceptions, of course. If you’re one of them, if you genuinely like taking care of… or dare I say serving another able-bodied person then maybe, just maybe this job could be for you.
This person will help me with the business as well as personal tasks like managing my calendar, organizing my travel schedule and assisting in setting up meetings, taking care of the paperwork. But, I’d want this person to do much more than just helping me with my busy work schedule…
I’m perfectly able to take care of myself. I can do my own laundry, my own shopping, my own scheduling etc. But, I don’t want to and I’ve reached a point in my life where I can do and have just about anything I want. What I want most, however, is to be able to focus on my work; focus on the things I do best and focus on adding value to the world… my way.
The perfect person for this position looks for any way they might help me maintain that focus. This means that the Personal Assistant will spend much of their time on my personal items as well. Shopping, running errands, doing my laundry (I probably lost you there).
In short, the right person has to be willing to do virtually anything that needs done and they have to do it with a smile on their face.
The right person is:
- Incredibly proactive. They look for things that need to be done and they do them. They don’t wait around until they are told to do something.
- Organized. I’m not as organized as I’d like to be. My brain doesn’t work that way. I need someone who is deeply, obsessively organized.
- Flexible. [I don’t mean physically although I’m pretty into fitness and I do understand the value of flexibility]. I mean you need to be comfortable when plans change when things go wrong. I need someone with a cool head and a can-do attitude. They will work hand in hand with the business manager to follow up with new and potential clients while assisting with tracking campaign results and other metrics.
- Positive. You have to be positive. I don’t want to hear about your problems. I don’t want to hear complaints. I want to hear what you’re doing to make each day a kick ass day. I want to see you smiling.
- Has a super-clean record. I’ll do a detailed background check on you. If you’ve been in trouble in the past, don’t apply.
- Has Good transportation. You’ll need to get around town. Of course, I’d reimburse you for any transportation related expenses associated with your work. You need your own ride; something clean and safe that I’d feel comfortable letting my nieces and nephews ride in.
- Great Communication skills.You must be an excellent communicator both written and verbal.
- A FAST learner. I’ll expose you to many, many new opportunities. If you can’t pick up new concepts fast, you’ll be lost and I’ll be frustrated.
- Has discretion and can maintain confidentiality. I’m extremely private. I demand complete discretion and confidentiality. Because of this, the more I trust you, the more rewarding the job will be for you.
Compensation is fully negotiable. I’m willing to pay for the right person. I wouldn’t expect to find anyone for less than $30,000/year. So, that’s the starting point but I’m willing to pay more if you happen to be amazing. If you are the right person and add tremendous value to my life, you’ll come to realize that I’m an extremely generous man.
So, if you think you might be the right person for this job, send me your resume and, more importantly, a cover letter. I don’t want some generic cover letter… If you do, I’ll throw it away without a second thought. Instead, tell me why, in detail, YOU are the right person for this position along with your salary requirements.
Truthfully, I prefer someone who has a degree. I work with a lot of highly educated people and my assistant will as well. Odds are, if you have more education you might feel more comfortable. However, a great education is a bonus but not a requirement.
Please submit your resume and references attached to Adrian@180fitness.ca