Do You Want To Start A Successful Fitness Career?
If So Here’s What You Need To Know…
THE BEST TRAINERS are fanatical self-studies and always learning new things. They are either outgoing and highly energetic, or passionately humble and convey a strong sense of empathy. Either way they are adept at connecting one-on-one or in groups making people feel comfortable enough to trust to them and to to turn to them for support.
THE BEST TRAINERS will work split shifts without concern and love being “in the gym.” They will take pride in enriching someone else’s life and be genuinely committed to doing everything they can to help. (aka phone calls, emails, facebook and text messages sometimes on a daily basis. Thinking outside the box and using creativity to encourage a smile and empower their clients to believe “I can.”)
THE BEST TRAINERS realize the real job is outside of the training session, it’s in the planning, learning, encouraging, following up that inspires their clients to modify their behaviours in the other 23 hours a day!
You will spend most of your time: Training people, following up, communicating with them helping them believe in themselves, encouraging them, planning programs and reviewing nutrition, continuing to research and learn about health, fitness and how the body works.
WHAT’S IT LOOK LIKE LONG TERM?
You live a long, healthy, happy life, surrounded by people who genuinely believe in you and may even have someone say, “you saved my life.”
IN THE SHORT TERM WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
A fun work environment, a great team, getting to come to work in comfortable clothing every single day, comprehensive benefits including many alternative health practices, and an ongoing education.
What Skills Do You Need Today?
- A training certification (which we’ll help you get if needed.)
- Current CPR or within 30 days of being offered a position.
- Enough training and nutritional knowledge to feel confident that you could make suggestions to your best friend, mom, dad, or grandma about working out safely and changes to their nutrition that would either improve health or lead to weight loss or both.
- To be feeling excited or curious right now after reading all of this
Desired Skills & Experience
If you’re still reading this enthusiastically then you probably have the skills we need. Realistically we can give you any education you need But having one or more current certifications and any of the following will improve your credibility:
- Having long time personal fitness experience
- Direct personal training or group fitness experience
- Client testimonials
- Hospitality experience
- Coaching experience
- Phy Ed or Kinesiology Diploma/Degree
Please submit your resume and references attached to Adrian@180fitness.ca